LMC-2IU (LICA miniCMTS - 2 "outputs" Indoor Unit) - nick name microCMTS
Compact design CMTS developed according to DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS standards, providing capacity of 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels.
MiniCMTS is targeting small to middle sized CATV networks, larger common antenna systems as well as hospitality market.
Already 350 live miniCMTS installations are running across Europe under various circumstances proving miniCMTS usability in wide range of deployment scenarios.
In comparison to “big” EuroDOCSIS 3.0 CMTSes, the main advantages of miniCMTS are:
- small size,
- low power consumption (36W),
- low price.
- Indoor housing, absence of any moving parts especially fans thus bringing long life time.
- MiniCMTS LMC-2IU is a compact device based on DOCSIS 3.0 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 standards.
- Space-optimized in-door design.
- LMC-2IU provides 2 RF TV Inputs + 2 RF DOCSIS/TV outputs.
- Power consumption is 36W.
- LMC-2IU is powered by 12V DC. External 230V AC Power Supply is provided for this unit.
- Cable modems compatible with (Euro)DOCSIS 2.0 & 3.0 specifications are supported.
- Maximum of 16 downstreams and 4 upstreams are provided. Adding DS/US capacity requires another miniCMTS device.
- LMC- 2IU is equipped with 2 RJ45 connectors and 1 SFP slot for ethernet uplink.
- Downstream modulations supported are: 64QAM, 256QAM and 1024QAM,
although 1024QAM still lacks cable modem support.
- MiniCMTS supports also simple IP/QAM DVB-C modulation (EdgeQAM) on up to 8 downstream channels out of 16 channels available.
- IP Mulitcast (IPTV) is also supported.
- Maximum number of supported cable modems is up to 500 D2.0 CMs or up to 300 D3.0 CMs (bonding 8x4) per miniCMTS. Currently over 300 CMs are proved running in live deployments connected to one miniCMTS.
- Up to 1024 Downstream ServiceFlows are supported.
- Configuration and monitoring are possible via internal miniCMTS Web GUI, monitoring and simple configuration are also possible via internal Command Line (CLI).
- For large installations with many miniCMTSes, central CDNMS system can be installed to configure & monitor miniCMTS units remotely from single place.
- SNMP monitoring is available, enabling integration into standard provisioning systems.
- MiniCMTS is designed as L2 bridge, thus external L3 router is needed.
- Integrated DHCP & TFTP servers can provision cable modems. External DHCP server should support end-nodes (CPEs) and it can also provision cable modems instead of the internal servers.
- Integration is a part of LICA offer in relation to both RF and IP network parts.