LMC-2TU (LICA miniCMTS - 2 "output" Triple Unit
Compact design CMTS developed according to DOCSIS and EuroDOCSIS standards, providing capacity of 16 downstream and 2 upstream channels.
LMC-2TU integrates optical node & RF amplifier and optionally also GPON/GEPON ONU in the same miniCMTS housing.
MiniCMTS is targeting small to middle sized CATV networks, larger coaxial distributed networks mainly with xPON optical aggregation layer, also large common antenna systems as well as hospitality market.
Integrated optical node allows centralized TV signal distribution without need for an external node.
Already 350 live miniCMTS installations are running across Europe under various circumstances proving miniCMTS usability in wide range of deployment scenarios.
In comparison to “big” EuroDOCSIS 3.0 CMTSes , the main advantages of miniCMTS are:
- Small size,
- low power consumption (50W),
- low price.
- Outdoor housing, absence of any moving parts especially fans thus bringing long life time.
- MiniCMTS LMC-2TU is a compact device based on DOCSIS 3.0 and EuroDOCSIS 3.0 standards.
- Outdoor robust housing suitable for moisture and dusty environments.
- LMC-2TU provides 1 optical RF TV Input + 2 RF DOCSIS/TV outputs + optionally 2 RF TV Inputs.
- Power consumption is 50W.
- LMC-2TU is powered by internal power supply. Either by 40-75V AC via F connector or 90-260V AC via power-supply cable.
- Cable modems compatible with (Euro)DOCSIS 2.0 & 3.0 specifications are supported.
- Maximum of 16 downstreams and 2 upstreams is available. Adding DS/US capacity requires another miniCMTS device.
- LMC- 2TU is equipped with 1 RJ45 connector and 1 SFP slot for ethernet uplink.
- Optionally GPON/GEPON ONU may be installed.
- Downstream modulations supported: 64QAM, 256QAM and 1024QAM, although 1024QAM still lacks cable modem support.
- MiniCMTS supports also simple IP/QAM DVB-C modulation (EdgeQAM) on up to 8 downstream channels out of 16 channels available.
- IP Multicast (IPTV) is also supported.
- Maximum number of supported cable modems is up to 250 D2.0 or up to 150 D3.0 CMs per miniCMTS.
- Up to 1024 Downstream ServiceFlows are supported.
- Configuration and monitoring are possible via internal miniCMTS Web GUI, monitoring and simple configuration are also possible via internal Command Line (CLI).
- For large installations with many miniCMTSes, central CDNMS system can be installed to configure & monitor miniCMTS units remotely from single place.
- SNMP monitoring is available, enabling integration into standard provisioning systems.
- MiniCMTS is designed as L2 bridge, thus external L3 router is needed.
- Integrated DHCP & TFTP servers can provision cable modems. External DHCP server should support end-nodes (CPEs) and it can also provision cable modems instead of the internal servers.
- Integration is a part of LICA offer in relation to both RF and IP network parts.